Ralph Barbieri makes good on threat to sue KNBR, judge says Ross Mirkarimi can visit his son in Venezuela, UC system’s pension fund crisis, 49ers give wrongfully-imprisoned ex-prep star a shot at the roster, more.
- Sports talker Ralph Barbieri, who was let go at KNBR radio in April, filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against the station and parent Cumulus Media. Chronicle
- A judge is allowing suspended Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi to travel to Venezuela to visit his son, whom he hasn’t seen in three months. City Insider
- Roger Clemons was acquitted on charges he lied to Congress. AP
- Rising pension costs and retiree health benefits are soaring in the UC system and are a big driver of pressure to raise tuition and cut academic programs. AP
- Brian Banks, 26, the ex-prep star freed from prison after serving years for a crime he didn’t commit, joined the 49ers mini-camp. Mercury News