Mayor Lee wants to block subpoenas in Mirkarimi hearing, crunch time for Memorial Stadium renovation, seven homicides in seven days in Oakland, more.
- Mayor Ed Lee is pushing for the Ethics Commission not to subpoena four witnesses that suspended Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi’s team hopes can help prove that the mayor committed perjury in his testimony last week. Chronicle
- Fifty days from Cal’s football home opener and officials are saying renovated Memorial Stadium may not be completely finished, but that it will be ready enough to be in operation. Oakland Tribune
- There have been seven homicides since Friday in Oakland, all of them unrelated. Mercury News
- At his civil wrongful death trial, convicted murderer Hans Reiser repeatedly said he murdered his wife and hid his actions to protect the couple’s children, and likened himself to Moses. Oakland Tribune
- That massive hacking of Yahoo could affect up to 450,000 users. Chronicle