Cal State trustees get dire warnings about future cuts even as they rush to increase presidents’ pay, Marissa Mayer’s tough road ahead at Yahoo, Bill Lockyer reserves the right to demand alimony from Nadia, more.
- The Mercury News takes a look at former Google wunderkind Marissa Mayer, Yahoo’s new CEO, and the giant challenge in front of her.
- Amid those headline-grabbing pay raises for several of its campus presidents, Cal State trustees were told there’s no way to avoid more painful cuts. Contra Costa Times
- PG&E’s latest ad campaign: an admission by its chief executive that the utility “lost its way” before the San Bruno explosion, the implication being that’s it’s coming back with renewed vigor. Chronicle
- Court documents say that state treasurer Bill Lockyer is reserving the right to demand alimony from soon-to-be-ex-wife Nadia Lockyer. Mercury News
- Bay Area favorite Jeremy Lin is leaving the New York Knicks and heading to the Houston Rockets and a three-year, $25-million contract. AP
- A bill wending its way through Congress seeks to expand Yosemite National Park by 1,575 acres, mostly by including several parcels on the west side of the park in Mariposa County. AP