Nurses at seven Bay Area Sutter Health hospitals are to walk out today, C. W. Nevius on SoMa’s free-wheeling pot dispensaries, a Sierra ski resort files for bankruptcy, more.
- An 82-year-old woman was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after she says a man shoved her to the ground when she scolded his son after believing he was harassing geese at Golden Gate Park’s Stow Lake. Chronicle
- Cal OSHA fined Oakland’s Alta Bates Summit Medical Center $84,450 for failing to warn a hospital worker and a police officer that they were exposed to meningitis. Oakland Tribune
- C. W. Nevius says SoMa is becoming a veritable free-trade zone for pot dispensaries. Chronicle
- Housing recession or not, Contra Costa County’s overall property tax assessments rose slightly from a year earlier, to $142.2 billion. Contra Costa Times
- Nurses at seven Sutter Health hospitals in the Bay Area are set to walk out this morning for a one-day strike. Chronicle
- Mammoth Lakes, the popular Sierra ski resort community, filed for bankruptcy. AP
- Nerves are on edge in crime-plagued Visitacion Valley after a homicide there Sunday that was San Francisco’s 39th this year. Chronicle