Measure to regulate health insurance rates in California qualifies for ballot in 2014, head of Daly City charity pleads not guilty to embezzling, 6-year-old boy’s body recovered from river in Yosemite, more.
- An initiative to regulate health insurance rates in California qualified for the November 2014 ballot. Capitol Alert
- Members of Mayor Ed Lee’s 16-member citizens advisory committee to the Warriors’ proposed waterfront arena include Giants senior VP Jack Bair and close mayoral ally Gordon Chin, former head of the Chinatown Community Development Center. City Insider
- The head of a Daly City Filipino charity accused of embezzling and allegedly gambling away $68,000 intended for people in need pleaded not guilty. San Mateo County Times
- Myanmar opposition leader and Nobel Peace Prize winner Aung San Suu Kyi will make a Bay Area stop next month during a U. S. tour although the time and location have yet to be set. Contra Costa Times
- Democratic leaders in the Legislature pulled the plug on a late-session attempt by business interests and others to take up revisions of California’s landmark Environmental Quality Act. Capitol Alert
- Searchers in Yosemite found the body of a 6-year-old boy, eight days after he was swept away while playing in the Vernal River with his seven-year-old brother, who also drowned. Chronicle