Gov. Jerry Brown unveils a public employee pension reform plan that he wants the Legislature to approve by the end of the 2-year session Friday, with critics saying it doesn’t go nearly far enough and labor unions saying it goes too far. Chronicle; Mercury News; Sac Bee
Plus top of the news after the jump.
- The longtime homeless encampment near the Caltrain station at Fifth and King streets was cleared out and cleaned up Tuesday by state and San Francisco authorities. Chronicle
- Firefighters fully contained the huge wildfire in Shasta County that at one point threatened 3,000 homes and caused thousands of residents to evacuate. Chronicle
- “Thriller,” the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk’s new $5.5 million rollercoaster being constructed in Germany is to be shipped to the United States next week, and is to go online next summer. Santa Cruz Sentinel
- Yet another crucial error was found in the Santa Clara Valley Water District’s $548 million parcel tax measure. Mercury News
- Police in the Pleasanton area are looking for a man they believe is pretending to be a police officer who pulled a woman off the road and sexually assaulted her. Contra Costa Times