Slow go for San Jose patent office, Assembly kills legislation to tighten restrictions on measures that would change state constitution, East Bay arrest of man with shrapnel-filled bomb, more.
- Two months after the feds announced a new United States Patent office would open in San Jose, there’s been scant progress in getting it set up and officials are saying it may be months away. Mercury News
- The Assembly killed legislation that would have given voters the opportunity to stiffen requirements for initiatives that would alter the state constitution. Capitol Alert
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk isn’t the only NorCal amusement park getting a new rollercoaster next year; Santa Clara’s Great America theme park says the “Gold Striker” will be ready to roll in the spring. Mercury News
- The Contra Costa Sheriff’s Department so far has released few details about the death of an Alamo woman who allegedly fell and struck her head during an altercation with a female neighbor. Contra Costa Times
- Acting on a tip from the FBI, police in Pinole say they arrested a man with a shrapnel-filled bomb. Contra Costa Times