In Bay Area cities with fewer cops, more home burglaries; Lake Tahoe preps 2026 winter Olympics bid; Giants take a piece of America’s Cup ticket sales, more.
- Home burglaries have increased by double digits in some Bay Area cities with fewer cops on the streets, and with would-be intruders reacting to rumors of easy targets. Mercury News
- A newly-assembled group is pushing forward with plans for a Lake Tahoe bid for the 2026 winter Olympics. SF Business Times
- Nine students from Oakland will study for a week at the Hong Kong Space Museum next summer under an exchange program with Oakland’s Chabot Space & Science Center. Oakland Tribune
- The Sacramento Kings extended head coach (and ex-Warriors coach) Keith Smart’s contract for another year. Sac Bee
- The Giants organization is getting a piece of America’s Cup ticket sales through its Giants Enterprises subsidiary. SF Business Times