Jerry Brown’s tax measure polling as a tossup, speculation time in San Jose about the next police chief, Bay Area’s high gas prices, more.
- A new poll shows Gov. Jerry Brown’s tax initiative is a tossup with less than two months before the election. PolitiCal
- With Chris Moore’s unexpected resignation, speculation in San Jose has quickly turned to whether the new police chief will be an insider or someone from outside the department. Mercury News
- A judge ruled that a 16-year-old Oakland boy accused of choking his parents to death will stand trial as an adult. Oakland Tribune
- The price of gas at the pump in the Bay Area remains stubbornly above the national average. Contra Costa Times
- Yahoo co-founder Jerry Wang says he won’t seek re-election to Cisco Systems’ board of directors. SF Business Times