Oakland steps in to try and prevent feds from seizing pot dispensary, 20 arrested in Castro housing protest, NBA D-league formally approves Santa Cruz Warriors, more.
- Police arrested 20 people protesting lack of housing in San Francisco after they briefly took over a vacant building in the Castro district. Chronicle
- The NBA Developmental League formally approved the Dakota Wizards’ move to Santa Cruz, where the Warriors’ farm team will be known as the Santa Cruz Warriors. Golden State Warriors blog
- The city of Oakland has intervened in court on behalf of a medical marijuana dispensary in its continuing battle to stop the U. S. Justice Department from seizing its building. Oakland Tribune
- Disappointing earnings by San Ramon-based Chevron as well as Alcoa helped lead the Dow to its worst day in months. Reuters
- A Danville real estate agent pleaded not guilty to sexually molesting a young girl. Contra Costa Times