Positive news for Bay Area housing market, Larry Ellison said to be in the hunt for LA Lakers and other AEG sports properties, hearings on PG&E’s San Bruno damages abruptly halted, more.
- Published reports say that Oracle billionaire CEO Larry Ellison may be interested in bidding for Anschutz Entertainment Group, whose properties include the Los Angeles Lakers and the LA Kings. CNET
- In a positive sign for the Bay Area housing market, foreclosures ebbed in the East Bay, South Bay and Peninsula in September. Mercury News
- Oakland Zoo opened its new state-of-the-art Veterinary Medical Hospital. Oakland Tribune
- To the chagrin of San Bruno residents, two Public Utilities Commission judges abruptly halted public hearings on PG&E’s financial liability for the 2010 pipeline disaster to allow the utility and regulators to conduct closed-door settlement talks. Chronicle
- Police arrested a Union City girl whom they say passed out marijuana-laced Rice Krispies Treats at school, causing some of her classmates to get high. Mercury News