Renters priced out of San Francisco cause rents to surge in Oakland, prosecutor describes Michelle Le’s accused killer as a sociopath, judge scolds Oakland police chief Howard Jordan, more.
- Apartment rents are surging in the Bay Area’s three largest cities, but especially in Oakland, where folks who’ve been priced out of San Francisco are piling in. Chronicle
- Authorities confirmed that remains found in the wreckage of a small plane that crashed near Half Moon Bay are those of a missing Florida man. San Mateo County Times
- The federal judge who will decide whether Oakland’s police department is placed under federal control scolded Chief Howard Jordan for failing to respond to emails from the court’s appointed monitor. Oakland Tribune
- The prosecutor in the trial of Giselle Esteban, accused of killing nursing student Michelle Le, said Esteban acted more like a sociopath than someone who killed her former friend in the heat of passion. Oakland Tribune
- Authorities discovered guns, ammunition and grenades at the Mojave Desert home of Rebecca Tennison, an aide to Assemblyman Steve Knight (R-Palmdale). Capitol Alert