Rain moves into the Bay Area ahead of tonight’s baseball game, elementary teacher arrested after being accused of grabbing students by the throat, Oakland port official recalled from China and suspended, more.
- Just in time for Game 7 of the NLCS at AT&T Park, rain and lots of it in the forecast over the next three days. Chronicle
- The Warriors are insisting that Stephan Curry’s ankle injury against Portland Friday is no big deal but say he won’t suit up before the season opener Oct. 31. Chronicle
- Fairfield police arrested an elementary school substitute teacher accused of grabbing several students by the neck and throat when they misbehaved. Chronicle
- With his boss already suspended, Port of Oakland maritime director James Kwon, whose $4,500 strip club tab on the public’s dime grabbed headlines, was put on paid leave and told to return from a business trip to China. Oakland Tribune
- A small rock that slammed into a home in Novato last Thursday has been confirmed as a piece from the meteor shower over the Bay Area the past few days. Marin IJ