Contra Costa man dies of rabies, more grim news for Zynga, Albany middle school teacher who committed suicide said to have molested several young victims, more.
- George Halvorson announced he will retire as chairman and CEO of Kaiser Permanente in December 2013. Oakland Tribune
- Early testimony in her murder trial suggests that defendant Giselle Esteban took extraordinary steps to track down her former friend Michelle Le before the nursing student was killed. Oakland Tribune
- A 34-year-old Contra Costa County man died after contracting rabies, possibly from a bat, health officials said. Contra Costa Times
- Zynga once again cut its 2012 revenue forecast and its stock was hammered in after-hours trading. SF Business Times
- Albany police revealed that middle school teacher James Izumizaki, who committed suicide Monday after his arrest for child molestation, had been accused by several young victims of molesting them. Oakland Tribune